#1 Underground Insulation Material Formulated for Performance
The Barrier™ is the fastest growing Green Building product on the market as it is the ALL-IN-ONE underconcrete EPS insulation product to use.
The Barrier™ is the World's finest concrete and radiant under slab insulation by providing vapor and moisture barrier protection in combination with insulation from conduction. It works better, is cost effective, easy to use. It is a vapor/moisture/insulator and radon protector. The Barrier is a rolled foam board insulation of extruded expanded flexible recycled polystyrene foam (EPS).
MULTIPLE APPLICATION USE
The Barrier is a 100% vapor, water, moisture barrier as well as a thermal break of conductive heat transfer and radon resistor all in one product. The Barrier uses an extruded EPS with laminated heavy-duty polyethylene film on both sides: it stops 100% of any and all forms of moisture transfer, try that with rigid foam sheets. The Barrier's multi-layer product make up is an effective radon retarder and when proper sealing and gas infiltration procedures are used, the Barrier blocks the radon transmission. Radon gas is the 2nd leading cause of Lung Cancer and builders should be aware that this product is a RADON Protector for their customers. Termites also are deterred by the naturally occurring boron in the Barrier.
The Barrier is suitable for the following applications:
|Concrete||Concrete Slabs||Radiant floors|
|Snow Melts||Hydroponic Applications||Wood Floorings|
|Driveway||Jacuzzi||Spa / Ponds|
- Under Mobile/Modular homes
- Sound Barriers between floors and as subfloor insulation.
- Wet Walls (shower-Steam-Sauna) Plumbing Utilities trench and hot walls.
- Pool (both above below the liner and in ground before the concrete) keeps water temps stable, extends liner life and reduces use of chemicals.
- Masonry walls that are not to be furred with wood.
- Subfloor insulation (as in warmboard, wood floors, carpet, tile, marble, stone, laminate) NO moisture.
Roll SIZES ARE 4 x 64 = 256 sq ft per roll. In addition to the high performance characteristics and standards the Barrier is setting for the underground insulation/under concrete insulation market, it has the patented self-sealing double faced taped edges. Note: Film width is 50.5" giving a 2.5" overlap for a waterproof seal.
- There is a 2" lip running the lineal length (60') of the material with a 1" double-faced tape adhesive along the other edge. This patented self-sealing feature allows for extreme ease of use and NO SEAMS.
- The material is flexible. You can walk on the material without cracking or breaking. Try that with foam board products.
- The core component is an extruded (not block molded) EPS with surface facing skin - and heavy-duty 3mil poly film laminated to EACH side.
- The product is lightweight, and can ship via UPS or common carrier anywhere in the world.
The Barrier is Flexible, no breaking, cracking, no broken pieces all over the job sites. Core component is an extruded (not block molded) EPS with surface facing skin and heavy duty 3 mil poly film laminated to Each side plus the center so NO Moisture will get thru. Weather-Resistant barrier performance for the exterior envelope. Heavy Duty 10 Mil top side also available!!
Radiant Barriers do not have an R value since the R-value for reflectivity cannot be measured. However, radiant barriers can be tested as part of an assembly where the R-value can be observed and measured. In this case, the R-value can be achieved when the radiant insulation is installed as tested. R-values cannot be estimated based upon different installation methods.
Read This Before You Buy:Regarding the R-value of this insulation. R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Compare insulation R-values before you buy. There are other factors to consider. The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on the climate where you live. Also, your fuel savings from insulation will depend on climate, the type and size of your structure, the amount of insulation already in your structure, and your fuel use patterns and occupancy. If you buy too much insulation, it will cost you more than you'll save on fuel. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that this insulation be installed properly.
We have offices on Amelia Island, Florida and in Sandy Point, Maine and ship nationwide, factory direct. We are a Women Owned Businesses (WOBs), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses (SDVOBs), Central Contractor Registered Business, members of NHBA, NEFBA, and Florida Green Building Coalition. Retired after 28 years in Air National Guard.