Crete-Heat ™ - Under Concrete Insulation
Insulated Floor Panel system
CRETE-HEAT™ is the newest innovative green product to be introduced to the energy efficient radiant heating system. Barrett Enterprises is excited to distribute a modular radiant insulated floor panel system that is a vapor, moisture, and radon barrier all in one Green product. The Crete-Heat™ insulated floor panel system is an easily assembled modular board insulation, vapor barrier and radiant tube holding grid. It allows for simplified installation of hydronic radiant floor heating systems in basements, garages, main floor slab on grade and above grade installations where concrete or gypcrete is normally used. Excellent for radiant slabs, homes, snowmelts for business and more!
The Crete-Heat™ Insulated Floor Panel system is 2 7/8" overall thickness, with 2" of solid EPS foam providing R-10. The retrofit or above grade panels provide 2 1/8" overall in thickness, with a solid EPS foam providing R-6 with a 23 db sound reduction knob on the lower surface. Each interlocking panel covers up to 8 square feet with fasteners for 1/2" and 5/8" radiant tubing. A 10 mil polystyrene film provides the vapor and radon barrier.
SHOWING 1 inch verses 2 inch and the interlocking side edges.
|3" Grid pattern for 1/2"and 5/8" or 3/4" and 1" tubing.|
|Nominal Thickness of Insulation||3"||2"||1" or 1 1/4"|
|Total Thickness||3 7/8"||2 7/8"||1 7/8" or 2 1/8"|
|Shipping bags||Yellow Bags||Green Bags||Black Bags|
|Thermal Resistance ft²·°F·h/Btu
|Compressive Resistance @ 10% deformation
|25 psi / 3600 psf||25 psi / 3600 psf||25 psi / 3600 psf|
|Perm Resistance (ASTM E96-00)||.51 perms||.51 perms||.68 perms|
- Cuts radiant install time by as much as 2/3
- Designed to hold tube securely in place with wider fasteners
- 2 sizes available for both new construction or retrofitting existing buildings
- No mold growth
- UV protected packaging for outdoor storage
- Crete-Heat™ is Green as EPS is CFC and HCFC Free.
- EPS does not adversely affect indoor air quality
- LEED POINTS
UV protected packaging for outdoor storage
Green Bags 2" (64 square feet per bag) - (8 Panels per bag)
Black Bags 1" (96 square feet per bag) - (12 Panels per bag)
The United States Green Building Council (USGBC) developed a credit-based rating system to help encourage sustainable design. The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Rating System developed by the USGBC establishes requirements for design components that impact sustainable design. Credits or points are earned for meeting specific milestones in various categories. These categories include Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy and Atmosphere, Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality, and Innovation and Design Process. A minimum number of available points are required to achieve a LEED Certified rating. Higher Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels are also available by meeting higher point thresholds. Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems is an ideal insulation choice for inclusion into LEED building designs.
- X Stable Thermal Efficiency - Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems is one of the few rigid board insulations that does not lose its R-value over time. Polyiso and Extruded Polystyrene insulations suffer from thermal drift due to the loss of blowing agents to the atmosphere, and this results in a lower R-value for the building as it ages. Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems does not suffer from R-value thermal drift.
- Recyclable - Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems is 100% recyclable.
- Zero Ozone Depleting Potential - Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems does not and never has contained ozone depleting blowing agents (CFC, HCFC, or HFCs).
LEED Point Potential When Using Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems Energy and Atmosphere
Minimum Energy Performance: Prerequisite Credit 2
Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems helps ensure compliance with local energy codes and ASHRAE 90.1-1999
Optimized Energy Performance: Credit 1
Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems provides a stable R-value without thermal drift, ensuring long term performance.
Materials and Resources
Recycled Content: Credit 4
With up to 15% recycled content, Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems can help meet your recycled materials credit.
Local/Regional Materials: Credit 5
Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems is manufactured at two locations in North America. Crete-Heat Insulated Floor Panel Systems facility will likely be less than 500 miles from the job site to help meet the local materials requirements.
Total Possible Points: 12
We have offices on Amelia Island, Florida and in Sandy Point, Maine and ship nationwide, factory direct. We are a Women Owned Businesses (WOBs), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses (SDVOBs), Central Contractor Registered Business, members of NHBA, NEFBA, and Florida Green Building Coalition. Retired after 28 years in Air National Guard.